EROmasta™ CoirMesh is an open weave organic fibre mat made from 100% coconut fibre. Coir Mesh has a longer effective life than other biodegradable erosion control materials and can last up to 3 years.
Coir products hold water efficiently, ensuring a
moist environment to promote faster plant growth.
EROmasta™ CoirMesh has a higher tensile strength than the more common JuteMesh products, allowing it to be installed on steeper batters or areas with a higher water flow.
Coir is a renewable resource, widely used in civil engineering and landscape applications. It is fully biodegradable, adding organic matter to the soil.
|Water Flow Velocity (m/s)||2.8||4.1||4.8||5.3|
|Roll Size||2m x 50m||2m x 25m||2m x 25m||2m x 25m|
PREPARE THE SITE
1. Area preparation is crucial before installation. Remove all rocks, greenery and rubble to ensure you create a levelled soil subgrade for the Mesh to be placed on.
2. To grow plants or grass through the mesh at least 60mm of topsoil is necessary to encourage their growth and survival.
INSTALL COIR MESH
When installing EROmasta™ Jute Mesh you should follow the below recommendations;
1. Lay in direction of the flow of water
2. Overlap mesh to protect leading edges from the flow
of water and wind by at least 100 mm.
3. When installing on embankments, a trench at least 200 mm
is required at the top to lay mesh into, pin down and backfill.
Pins should be 500-750 mm apart.
4. As a general rule 2-3 pins required per m2.
5. Allow the mesh to follow the natural contour of the terrain,
Do not apply tension to the mesh when laying. This will prevent suitable connection with the soil subgrade and could affect vegetation growth.Data Sheet See Product