COIRmasta™ CoirLogs are an environmentally friendly alternative to hay bales and expensive rip-raps or cement stabilisation techniques, COIRmasta™ CoirLogs are ideal for constructing check structures, managing changes in stream flow velocity, shaping channels and stabilising shorelines.
A natural planting medium for vegetation and made from 100% coir (coconut) fibre compacted into an outer mesh of bristle coir twine, COIRmasta™ CoirLogs are a totally biodegradable material that last up to three to five years and are biodegradable within 5-10 years. They are easily installed and will blend naturally into the environment over time.
- Water diversion
- Sediment Filtration
- Spill Containment
- Stream Bank Stabilisation
- Erosion Control
- Building Sites
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Last up to three to five years
- A large roll of 100% biodegradable coir made from organic coconut fibre
- Can be fixed in swail for sediment retention, and around wetlands
- Provides protection until natural vegetation is established
- Stack them on top of each other to form a barrier. This is used in areas with wave movement and tidal changes